International Joint Conferences on Artificial Intelligence [IJCAI] is pleased to announce the continuation of its Travel Grants Program for students, junior scientists and scientists attending IJCAI-07 to be held in Hyderabad, India during January 6-12, 2007.
Due to limited availability of funds for the IJCAI Travel Grants Program, applicants, especially students, should first approach their local AI society for support before applying to IJCAI.
Applicants should submit a letter of request to the IJCAI Secretary-Treasurer at email@example.com, no later than 15th October 2006.
A decision will be notified by 25th October 2006.
The letter of request should include:
- the status of the applicant (student, junior faculty, etc.)with evidence of existing interest and expertise in AI
- type of planned participation in the IJCAI-07 program (accepted technical session or workshop paper, etc.)
- an estimate of attendance costs
- the results of approaching the local AI Society for support
- whether any other sources of support are available to the applicant
- a case for support that includes reasons why IJCAI should make the grant to the applicant and
- a letter of support (for students only) from the applicant's advisor/head of department.
A post-conference report and receipts totaling the grant amount will be required after the conference in order to receive the grant.
In the event that travel grant applications exceed available funds, preference will be given to students who have an accepted technical paper, and then to students who are actively participating in the conference in some way:
Applications should be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only if electronic versions are not possible please send hardcopy materials to:
IJCAI-07 Travel Grants Program
c/o Dr Ramasamy Uthurusamy
80 Grosse Pines Dr.
Rochester Hills, MI 48309
Tel: +1 313 667 4669 Fax +1 313 667 4966